RALEIGH, N.C. – The North Carolina State Highway Patrol (NCSHP) can now immediately track your call with GPS and pinpoint the nearest trooper, after an upgrade to the agency’s statewide computer-aided dispatch (CAD) system. The $11.1 million project began during the COVID-19 pandemic, and is nearly complete, thanks to funding from the federal American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) and state legislation previously signed by Governor Roy Cooper. The grant is administered by the North Carolina Department of Public Safety with oversight from the North Carolina Pandemic Recovery Office.
Public Sector Grants Announcements
- Boosting School Safety Through Funding, FirstNet Technology
- AT&T service restored after nationwide outage, FBI investigating if whether it was a cyberattack
- Colorado High School starts 911 dispatcher class during nationwide shortage
- Consolidation could be next step to solve Gates County 911 dispatch issues (NC)
- Proposal could implement safer texting to dispatch (OH)