The City of Reno is proud to announce that its dispatchers will provide emergency medical dispatch to quickly identify a caller’s medical emergency and deliver potentially life-saving verbal instructions prior to emergency medical services (EMS) arriving. As the Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) for all initial 911 calls placed in the City of Reno, Reno Dispatch will now serve as a backup for medical calls.
Public Sector Grants Announcements
- Boosting School Safety Through Funding, FirstNet Technology
- AT&T service restored after nationwide outage, FBI investigating if whether it was a cyberattack
- Colorado High School starts 911 dispatcher class during nationwide shortage
- Consolidation could be next step to solve Gates County 911 dispatch issues (NC)
- Proposal could implement safer texting to dispatch (OH)