April 10 through April 16 is #NationalPublicSafetyTelecommunicatorsWeek. Held every year during the second week of April, #NPSTW is a time to recognize telecommunications personnel in the public safety community for their service and commitment to the profession. Calltakers and dispatchers have one of the toughest jobs in public safety. In the coming days, we will take you behind the scenes to get to know the women and men who make up the Emergency Operations Bureau and what it takes to do their job. We will also be highlighting interesting facts and hiring opportunities for those ready to answer the call. To kick things off, we asked our calltakers and dispatchers what it means to be a telecommunicator… READ MORE
Funding for School and Campus Safety 2023Wednesday, April 19, 2023 9:30 PT / 10:30 MT / 11:30 CT / 12:30 ET Don’t miss this exclusive content and the opportunity to learn with a federal grants expert!
- In 3 years, NYC’s text-to-911 has seen over 2 million text messages (NY)
- Court Rules That Inflammatory Social Media Posts by a Public Employee (Dispatcher) Are Not Protected (PA)
- Dispatcher recalls tragic 911 calls of fallen Scott County deputy (KY)
- City of Atlanta Awards Multi-Year Contract to Carbyne and Goes Live with New System to … (GA)
- Greenbrier County Commission considers new retirement package for 911 dispatchers (WV)