CASPER, Wyo. (Wyoming News Now) – After terrorists flew planes into the twin towers of the World trade Center in 2001… firefighters, paramedics, and police officers rushed to the scene. But it’s the sometimes overlooked 9-1-1 communicators who were frantically dispatching first responders, while trying to calm the fears of those who needed help.
- Dispatcher — possibly Davis County’s longest-serving — retires after 40 years (UT)
- Railroads Leverage Emergency Dispatching Services to Dramatically Increase AskRail Access
- Thieves steal Pierce County man’s car while he waits for 911 dispatcher to answer his call for help (WA)
- Spring-area dispatch center defying national odds amid national staffing crisis (TX)
- Nebraska Public Service Commission opens probes into Windstream, Lumen