Pierce County residents can learn about the inner workings of their local 911 center through participation in the South Sound 911 Community Academy. The no-cost academy is scheduled from Oct. 3 to Nov. 7 and will host sessions on Tuesdays, 6:30 – 8 p.m., at South Sound 911.
- Dispatcher — possibly Davis County’s longest-serving — retires after 40 years (UT)
- Railroads Leverage Emergency Dispatching Services to Dramatically Increase AskRail Access
- Thieves steal Pierce County man’s car while he waits for 911 dispatcher to answer his call for help (WA)
- Spring-area dispatch center defying national odds amid national staffing crisis (TX)
- Nebraska Public Service Commission opens probes into Windstream, Lumen